Tuesday, September 20, 2005

More Waiting

The last time I talked about my families future business in Printing, I mentioned who we have been waiting and wrestling with a leasing agent. Well, we are still waiting and I still do not trust the leasing agent.

However, we are making progress. We have recieved a copy of the lease agreement and the laywers are looking it over. None of the specifics have been spelled out yet, it is just an opportunity to look at the contract that we will agree to abide by. I understand that we are going to start with negotiations. I am not sure when we will get the lease finalized and signed. I hope within two weeks. (The reason I say that is because the lease agent is going to Italy on vacation at that time, I am just shaking my head at this one. It is a typical thing that has been happening to us in this process. you can read what I mean here.)

In any event, the construction of the building is on schedule, possibly ahead of schedule too. The estimated time that we will be able to actually open is December 1st. I am hoping for a sooner date, but that is just me. At least, we have a better idea of the timeline. The good news is once the lease is sinced we get to go shopping for supplies, equipment, and get training. So, I will actually have something to write about designwise and whatnot.