Thursday, June 09, 2005

Lake Tahoe


North Shore Tahoe
Originally uploaded by krumbecker.
I can never get over the sights at Lake Tahoe. I had to take a day that quickly turned into two days to enjoy the mountians and get out of the house. Nevermind the opportunity to take a few pictures.

What is equally amazing is the rock I was standing on after I took this picture my cell phone all of a suddenly rings. I had a pleasant conversation with my grandmother and agreed to meet her for dinner on my way home. After I hung up I couldn't help to think that, 200 hundred years ago this rock I was standing on was probably completely isolated from civilization.

Today, it is still relatively in the middle of no where minus the vista point two hundred yards away. Yet, I had perfect reception on my cell and my grandmother was able to reach me dispite the fact she had no idea where I was.

Still, there isn't much that can top the bueaty of Lake Tahoe (not even my grandmother able to reach me on a rock beside a lake at 6,000 ft)